Using Google Map Search
Our map search page now employs the familiar Google Maps interface for locating velocity surveys. There are several ways to narrow down search results:
- Search by County
- just start typing a county name or offshore protraction area into the search box, select one of the areas that show up in the list below it and click Search.
- we only show you counties in which there is data
- Search Assistant
- Search onshore counties
- Search offshore protraction areas and blocks
- Search by US latitude/longitude
- Standard map zooming, including mouse-wheel zoom.
Once you have zoomed to a location that covers 250 wells or less, a list of surveys appears below the map. You can sort the results by any of the columns. For example, to group the deepest surveys in an area simply click on the Depth header word.